ihiji, an entrepreneurial software company, is seeking a full stack web application developer to help build out a new product. You’ll be accountable for influencing architecture decisions, development and maintenance of our web applications.
ihiji’s products allow IT professionals to efficiently manage the complexity of the internet of things. The company's first product, invision, was released in 2010 and provides a secure gateway for IT professionals to remotely monitor and manage all aspects of a client’s home or business networked devices. ihiji's newest product builds on invision's remote management capabilities, providing a new set of tools for ongoing customer management in the complex world of network connectivity.
ihiji is a well funded startup with a strong revenue stream and customer base. We are a Capital Factory member company and a graduate company of the Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) who has housed and launched some of the most successful startup companies in Texas. This is a great opportunity to join at a pivotal point in our evolution and reap the benefits that a startup has to offer!
- Contribute to the full application stack
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software for our technology platform and full suite of products
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as software design and development processes
- Solve difficult problems while continuously learning and improving
- Work closely with a team, including non-developers and a technical architect, in a fluid environment with evolving requirements
- Be proud of every line of code that you lay down
- Estimate work efforts so that they can be prioritized
- Challenge the status-quo
- 5+ years experience in modern full stack web application development
- 2+ years experience with AngularJS
- 3+ years experience writing clean and concise Python
- Strong experience in Python frameworks such as flask or django
- Experience with design and interacting with relational databases, postgres or mysql
- Familiarity with Git or Other Code Revisioning Systems
- Taste for simplicity and elegance in technical design and implementation as well as an appreciation for test driven development and building software the right way
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- Strict Attention to Detail
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent Street Cred
- Desire to Work in a Fast-Paced, Start-up Environment Where Opportunities and Challenges Are Great.
- A Strong Work Ethic, Sense of Humor (Even Bad Humor) and Collaborative Spirit
Above average compensation based on experience with equity
Local candidates preferred but not required